Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is the management company of the Kalgoorlie Operations for Joint Venture Owners Barrick Australia Pacific and Newmont Australia. KCGM Operations include the Fimiston Open Pit (Super Pit), Mt Charlotte Underground Mine and the Fimiston and Gidji Processing Plants, located adjacent to the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder approximately 600 kilometres (km) east of Perth, Western Australia. KCGM produces around 700,000 ounces of gold each year and has a gold reserve of 6.965 million ounces.
The current KCGM Life of Mine Plan sees gold processing until around 2030. Mt Charlotte underground mining will finish around 2019 and Fimiston Open Pit mining will conclude around 2021. On completion, the Fimiston Open Pit will measure 3.5 km in length, 1.5 km in width and up to 700 metres in depth. Several key projects are being undertaken to allow for mineral processing until 2030. These include increasing the capacity of tailings storage facilities, as well as upgrades at the Fimiston and Gidji Processing Plants to reduce air emissions. While the current Life of Mine Plan has KCGM operating to around 2030, KCGM continues to look for opportunities to extend mine life.
KCGM is a residential mine site and its 1,100 employees and contractors are proud to be a part of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community. In the past five years, KCGM has contributed more than $2.3 billion in supply, payroll and sponsorship opportunities. The company supports local business, with around thirty per cent of KCGM suppliers being located in Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
The KCGM Community Investment Programme supports sustainable projects for the long-term benefit of the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community. KCGM has supported several major community infrastructure projects including contributing $1 million each to the Goldfields Arts Centre, Goldfields Oasis Sports Centre and Ray Finlayson Sporting Complex. KCGM is a major supporter of local tourism, providing a free public lookout at the Super Pit and, more recently, committing to reinvigorating the Hannans North Tourist Mine into a sustainable tourism business for the long-term benefit of the region.
Deliver gold today and tomorrow
To contribute long term value to our owners, employees and community.
Our strategic objectives are:
- Grow the business
- Lower the All-in-Sustaining-Cost (AISC)
- Consistent risk management
- Enhance workplace culture
- Improve asset management
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) is the management company of the Kalgoorlie operations for the Joint Venture Owners. KCGM operations include the Fimiston Open Pit, Mt Charlotte Underground Mine, Fimiston and Gidji Processing Plants.
KCGM is committed to continuous improvement across all areas and aims to build an integrated site culture through its 6 Core Values.
To enact our vision, mission and values, KCGM will:
- Comply with legal requirements and commitments
- Deliver on objectives and targets
- Identify risks and implement appropriate control measures
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Select appropriately qualified and competent people
- Implement and maintain the KCGM Integrated Management System (KIMS)
- Provide authority, resources, training and equal employment opportunities
- Prevent injury, illness, pollution, discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Measure and monitor our activities and report results
- Undertake regular inspections, audits and assessments
- Conduct business with honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour
- Review the effectiveness of our systems, controls and targets
- Respect human rights and local Aboriginal culture
- Communicate openly about our performance
- Drive continuous improvement